[pspell] A Note to Package Maintainers

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [pspell] A Note to Package Maintainers
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 04:52:13 -0400 (EDT)

After the add-modules script is ran there is a rather nasty circular
dependency problem where all the libraries depend on each other.  For
example if you had the following packages:

libaspell
libpspell
libpspell-ispell

The three library packages would depend on each other.  However, you can
get around this problem by configuring pspell with --enable-ltdl which
will enable support for dynamically loading libraries at run time.  Then
the libraries should have the following dependences.

libpspell        (system libs only)
libaspell        (libpspell)
libpspell-ispell (libpspell)

This should work on all Linux systems.  It *might* work on other non-Linux
systems.  I disabled it by default because I have only been able to get
it to work well on Linux.

If you have any problems be sure and let me know.
--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden