Re: [aspell-devel] Re: pspell/aspell on Windows

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Re: pspell/aspell on Windows
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:57:41 -0700

At 04:34 PM 07/03/02 -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>> Maybe I should try linking with the CVS New Aspell?
>
>Yes, that would be a good idea.

Kevin,

You say at http://aspell.sourceforge.net/new-aspell.txt

  "A compromise has been made in terms of portability and advanced C++
  usage.  Templates, the Standard Template Library, and namespaces are
  now used freely however C++ exceptions are not."

The issue I have been debugging seem directly related to exceptions (aspell
throws a file not found exception and then the exception is not caught.),
so this might really solve my problem if that's true.

I sure would have liked to found that bug -- I installed all new system
libraries from source, new gcc and gdb and still couldn't get a good trace
into the exception, but it was pushing my debugging skills.  Maybe I needed
to use
"libtool gdb" mentioned in README-CVS.

You mention in the README-CVS there's a compatibility header file.  I
didn't see this in a quick look at the cvs-web.  I suppose I'd be better
off just creating a new Text::Aspell perl module and use the new interface
following the  aspell0.c example.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:address@hidden