[aspell-devel] assert in posib_err.cpp line 39

From: Lars Aronsson
Subject: [aspell-devel] assert in posib_err.cpp line 39
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:53:01 +0100 (CET)

I run Aspell 0.50.3 on Linux, which has worked just fine, but
now I get an assertion failure in line 39 of posib_err.cpp:

  aspell: posib_err.cpp:39: class acommon::PosibErrBase &
  acommon::PosibErrBase::set(const acommon::ErrorInfo *,
  acommon::ParmString, acommon::ParmString, acommon::ParmString,
  acommon::ParmString): Assertion `i == inf->num_parms || i ==
  inf->num_parms + 1' failed.

When I insert a fprintf just before the assert, I get:

  i = 2
  inf->num_parms = 0
  s0 =
  p1 = CD
  p2 = %2

This happens during "create master" when the input contains the
words "CD:n" and "CD:ns", and the assertion failure goes away when I
remove these words.  My .dat file for Swedish allows colon as part of
words:

  name    sv
  charset iso8859-1

  soundslike      sv

My conclusion is that colon as part of words doesn't work very well
with Aspell (I can live with that for now, but it remains a request),
but still the assertion failure is an ugly way to handle this.

--
  Lars Aronsson (address@hidden)
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/