[aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by context

From: Chris Hornbaker
Subject: [aspell-devel] support for compound words and word skipping by context
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:05:44 +0000

Hi,

 I just saw the entry for support for compound words under Important Items in
the To Do section of the pre-release manual docs. The language I'd like to
add support for has the potential to have millions of compound words. It has
some simple rules for combining them (like, no consonant pairs). If I can be
of some help, then please let me know.

Also, word skipping by context interests me. In this language, to use words
from another language, you must essentially "escape" to it (like \n). Here we
use with, for example, names from the English language, la'i gy.
<english-name> gy. So you'd have something like: la'o gy. White House gy.
There is, also, a way to include whole or parts of sentences from another
language. Again, if I can be of some help, then please let me know.

--
Christopher Hornbaker
Jabber ID: address@hidden     Email: address@hidden