Re: [aspell-devel] Testing notification code in speller_impl.cpp

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Testing notification code in speller_impl.cpp
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:02:07 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Gary Setter wrote:

> Hi,
> I wrote yesterday that one of my hang ups with win32 patches was
> the arrary of UpdateMember with an initalization expression. The
> Aspell 0.5 code was not very presentable. I asked for ideas, but
> nothing came in.
>
> I made my own attempt. Rather then storing a function pointer, I
> made an enum for each notification function and a call function
> that calls the right one.

I don't like that solution at all.  For one thing it makes it diffacult to
add new notifiers in the future.

I think it is better to assign to the array in a helper function that is
called exactly once.

If you want you can post both solutions so I can decide which solution is
better, if any.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org