Re: [aspell-devel] VC6 and BCB5.5 patches

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] VC6 and BCB5.5 patches
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:45:38 -0800

On Saturday 26 February 2005 06:46 am, Gary Setter wrote:
> [...]

<snip>

>>> You do recognize that some people would consider feeding
>>> themselves and their family reason enough to comply with a
>>> demand for .NET support?
>>
>> You appear to come short on saying it out loud, but since you
>> bring it up again, I am going to guess that someone is willing
>> to pay you to put in .NET support.
>> Congratulations.
>
> Wrong, I just recieved an e-mail from a user. There is no money
> in this for me.

Accept my apology on assuming that this was a paid gig,
after all, it was based on what you had posted above.

That's unfortunate, because if people are demanding things and
quoting things like the above (must have .NET, can't feed themselves
otherwise doom&gloom, etc), then they should think about donating
something for the time "you" put in.
After all, it is your time that they affect.

Somehow, people seem to think in a double standard where it
is okay to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on windows
software yet must expect free service for no pay, for open software.

> I'm interested because I would learn something.

Okay, so you're not talking about starving, must have, doom&gloom here.
Which means there is no desperate rush to get it done.
Which means you have plenty of your own time to follow up
on your own schedule.

<snip>

> I ask that you receive the question of OLE componant support
> in the spirit it was asked.

I have not had reason to go into OLE before and OLE isn't on my
short term goals of interest either, so I can't help you.
Perhaps someone else reading these posts have the answers, otherwise
I think you're going to be stuck following the suggestions I mentioned
earlier.