re[2]: [aspell-devel] bug: solaris build does not use --prefix properly

From: Tyler Ross
Subject: re[2]: [aspell-devel] bug: solaris build does not use --prefix properly
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:12:11 -0700

Digging  further into this, it turns out that what was happening was as follows:

- another aspell instance is already installed in the standard location
- new aspell instance is installed to alternate directory
- run 'aspell dump config dict-dir' in alternate directory
- executable in alternate directory picks up shared library in standard
location due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
- dict-dir is reported as standard location (e.g. due to config info compiled
into shared libarary)

So this is not exactly a bug; and probably unusual enough not to warrant a lot
of attention.

Cheers,
Tyler