[aspell-devel] Zip archives to add to win32 download page

From: Brian Mathis
Subject: [aspell-devel] Zip archives to add to win32 download page
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:41:22 -0500

I noticed that on the win32 page, there are only installers available.
 The language files are self-extracting zips, but have installer files
inside of them, and the aspell installer itself is only available as
an innosetup package.  It is extremely useful to also provide these
packages for download as regular archive files (zip in this case), for
people who don't need to fully install the package (such as when
creating a portable pidgin installation, see:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#RunningWindowsPidginFromaUSBDrivePortableMode).

I have gone through all of those packages and created .zip archives of
them.  I removed the installer executables and batch file, and the
unix-install.sh script.  Then I removed the "tmpinstall" directory and
made the zips from there.  It would be very useful if they could be
added to the win32 page.

If there is interest in this, please let me know where I can send the zip files.

PS. It would be great if the win32 version would get some love (some
updates and not requiring cygwin).