[aspell-devel] Some words initially treated as misspelled

From: Pete Black
Subject: [aspell-devel] Some words initially treated as misspelled
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:23:17 -0800

Hey everybody,

I'm using Aspell in a Qt C++ application. Everything works great,
however there is one issue I've had off and on. For some reason, some
words, like "misspelled" or "application", come up as misspelled the
first time they are entered. That is, I can check any word, both
misspelled or correct, but as soon as I enter these particular words the
 first time they get treated as misspelled.

For example calling aspell_speller_check() with these word results in:

  "OK" -> correct (returned 1)
  "ok" -> incorrect (returned 0)
  "misspelled" -> incorrect (returned 0)
  "misspelled" -> correct (returned 1)

This is how I initialize:

  AspellConfig* aspell_config = new_aspell_config();
  aspell_config_replace(aspell_config, "lang", language.toAscii());
  aspell_config_replace(aspell_config, "encoding", "UTF-8");

  AspellCanHaveError* aspell_possible_err =
new_aspell_speller(aspell_config);
  if (aspell_error_number(aspell_possible_err) != 0)
    printErrorAndExit(aspell_error_message(aspell_possible_err));

  else
    m_aspellSpeller = to_aspell_speller(aspell_possible_err);

And this is how I call aspell_speller_check()

  const char* aspell_word = word.toUtf8();

  int spellerResult = aspell_speller_check(m_aspellSpeller, aspell_word,
-1);

Ideas? Anyone come across anything similar?

Thanks,
Pete