[Aspell-user] Installation problem - ./config crashes windows (using cyg

From: Roger C Haslock
Subject: [Aspell-user] Installation problem - ./config crashes windows (using cygwin)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:50:05 +0100

Preamble: I am trying to install IMP/Horde on windows (Win98 SE2). This
calls for Aspell.

... I install cygwin, gcc and so on.

I run

$
./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/d/Aspell --bindir=/cygdrive/d/Aspell --enable
-win32-relocatable --with-gnu-ld

... and windows gives me the blue screen after

configure:4738: checking the maximum length of command line arguments

I forced this to be 512, after some fragile experiments, and it now gives up
at

configure:6743: checking dynamic linker characteristics

I would appreciate some simple advice from anyone who has experienced this
before, and if the solution is not simple, whether to give up, or to try
something else. I've already tried MinGW.

I'll also cross post this to Cygwin, for I'm sure it should not be this
difficult.

Regards
- Roger C Haslock -