[Aspell-user] unable to enter Nroff mode?

From: Garey Mills
Subject: [Aspell-user] unable to enter Nroff mode?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello -

        I have aspell installed on a Solaris system. I invoke it from a
web-based editor and everything works fine. I am now trying to invoke it
from a Javascript routine and I'm getting this error:

    "Error executing '/usr/local/bin/aspell -a --encoding=utf-8 < file'

     WARNING: Unable to enter nroff mode: unknown mode 'Nroff'. Error
     no word lists can be found for the language 'en_US'"

        Can you give me any clue as to why this might be occuring?

Thanks;

Garey Mills
Library Systems Office
UC Berkeley