Re: [Aspell-user] Help configuring library

From: Ian Sidor
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Help configuring library
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:28:19 +0000

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I found the libs in the directory you suggested. The problem was that Mac OSX
hides directories with a preceding '.' and therefore I simply couldn't see it.

However, I'm having trouble linking the libraries into my project. Let me
explain more about what I'm doing....

I'm using XCode on Mac OSX and I'm writing an application that runs on iOS
devices (iPhone/iPod/iPad). I would like to use Aspell to do some spell
checking which means I need to configure a static library as there is no other
option on iOS.

iOS devices use ARM architecture and the Simulator uses i386.

When it comes to configuring makefiles, I'm pretty much a fish out of water ...
almost zero experience. How to I configure Aspell to build a library that will
work within my project?

I suspect I will need to generate a dylib that is a universal binary (like most
things on Mac).

This is the current error when I link with the default configuration:

(Simulator Build)
ld: warning: in libpspell.15.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

(Device Build)
ld: warning: in libpspell.15.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (armv6)