[AUCTeX-devel] Package documentation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Package documentation
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:30:34 +0200

For packaging, I think I don't want to introduce "preview"
subdirectories for the docs.  Now that wininstall.texi and
install.texi have gone the way of the Dodo, duplication that remains
in the doc directories would be:

todo.texi
faq.texi

and of course while we have no _real_ collision between intro.texi and
readme.texi, the resulting README file will collide.

It is probably feasible to just merge all the rawtext files, but the
texi sources, for example, are usually placed into a single man/
directory in the XEmacs package tree, so we should probably think
about what to do with the todo and faq sources: it is clear that in
the non-rawtext versions, they belong into separate manuals.