[AUCTeX-devel] another feature proposal: docdiff with latex

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] another feature proposal: docdiff with latex
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:38:08 +0000

Hello

May this is again a spectacular useless proposal.

I have to compare often latex documents. The tools for comparing files
I know, are only of limited use. The best I know is the ediff package,
which compares differences in words and display it in two different
windows using suitable fonts. I don't know whether ediff exists in GNU
Emacs. In any case the tool is thought for browsing but not for
printing.

So lately I learnt about docdiff. This utility compare text files and
joins the differences and the original file in the same way a human
reader would act when changing a document detaching: crossing out some
text and writing the new one above o beside.

Now docdiff has different output formats, one being html. So this is
not   suited for printing a latex document with equations.

Would it be of interest to have a latex filter for docdiff, I attach
a simple example of how docdiff works.

Thanks  regards

Uwe Brauer

Hello Word!World!