Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Default value for LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Default value for LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:17:31 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-02-05) writes:

> after some Usenet discussions I noticed that we still have a default
> value of `nil' for LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators.  I found that
> somewhat surprising.
>
> I particular since we have tex-fold and preview-latex functionality
> available by default,

Folding is not really affected by overfull lines because a linebreak
is inserted into the overlay if the line became overfull.  (In case of
Emacs, that is.  XEmacs is a different story.)

> I think we should at least enable the open-brace
> and opening-math functionality by default.

I dislike my text being formatted like this.  In addition activating
`LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators' adds some overhead to filling which
may be a problem when filling whole files.  I haven't profiled this,
however.

> I seemed to remember we had converged on something like this, and so I
> was a bit surprised to see the default value of nil.
>
> Any input?  What do persons who are using filling often and are aware
> of that option tend to use?

nil

--
Ralf