[AUCTeX-devel] [MaC?] (was: 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [MaC?] (was: 11.87, some progress, problems with synctex and forward pdf search)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:42:39 +0200

>> "Tassilo" == Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

   > Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
   > Hi Mosè,

   >> My idea is as follows:
   >> - convert `TeX-source-correlate-method-active' into a function;
   >> - leave `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' as it is now, at least
   >> I don't think it will be necessary to change it as I proposed last
   >> year;
   >> - add the alist above to the possible values of
`TeX-source-correlate-method';
   >> - adapt `TeX-source-correlate-mode'.
   >>
   >> But a patch is worth a thousand words, see the one attached.
   >>
   >> I believe a safe default for `TeX-source-correlate-method' would be
   >> '((dvi . source-specials) (pdf . synctex))
   >> which is compatible with most viewers, instead of the current 'auto.

While I perfectly understand you former patch, I right now do not see
the advantage for your new approach. Besides, are you sure it does not
break backwards-compatibility???

Another even more important issue: different OS.

I never really have used LateX on windows so I can't say anything.
Recently I had to deal with a Mac, OS Lion with MacPorts. This is almost
a linux-like environment (there is texlive and okular, which right now
does not work for me and evince (and of course xpdf,  but this seems not
appropriate for forward+inverse search).

So it boils down to this: which configuration (viewer) should be used
for Mac?

regards

Uwe