[AUCTeX-devel] Windows Installation Troubles

From: Michael Lachanski
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Windows Installation Troubles
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 14:25:08 -0700

The emacs-AUCTeX suite has been highly recommended to me, but I am having trouble getting through step 2 here.

It is written on the aforementioned link that: The contents of the ZIP archive are not prefixed, so make sure they align with the Emacs installation. The location of thesite-lisp directory might serve as an indication. Of course this requires that the path names in the ZIP archive are used when unpacking.

That seemed mysterious, what should site-lisp indicate? What does it mean to align with the Emacs installation. I was going to to ignore it and just extract the AUCTeX files to emacs-24.2 on my desktop but then, after downloading I get the warning:

"This destination already contains a folder named 'site-lisp'. If any files have the same names, you will be asked if you want to replace those files. Do you still want to merge the folder created on with this one?"

I am fairly certain that overwriting emacs native site-lisp folder will cause me problems, so I've decided to email you as recommended in the AUCTeX manual.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

--
Michael Lachanski

Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics Director's Fellow
Davis UWC Peace, Trade and Development Fellow
PIIRS Global Systemic Risk Fellow
SINSI Scholar
Princeton University, Class of 2015
Economics A.B., Finance Certificate, Engineering and Management Systems Certificate, Statistics and Machine Learning Certificate, Applied and Computational Mathematics Certificate

princeton.edu/~mlachans
linkedin
twitter: @mlachans
skype: michael.lachanski