Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:08:55 +0900

Hi Arash,

> Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:
>> If I understand correctly, a line with more than one % at its beginning
>> in .dtx file turns into, in .sty file, a line with at least one % at its
>> beginning.

> Yepp, this is also my understanding.  I've prepared a test .dtx file
> which is attached.  The corresponding .ins file is also attached.  Run
> `pdftex dtx-test.ins' and have a look at the .sty file.  I think the
> bottom line is something like this in .dtx is valid:

> %% $a + b =
> %% c$

> and this not:

> %% $a + b =
> %%
> %% c$

Thanks for providing a sample. What I'm worrying about is validity of a
construct like this:
% \begin{equation}
%%
%% comment about the following equality
%%
% \end{equation}

If this notation is valid in .dtx file, lines with only two %'s should
not be considered as delimeter for math expression.

What do you think about this?
(Hmm, the above equation environment yields nothing in the output of
"pdflatex dtx-test.tex", when inserted in your example. So it's just
ignored maybe because it's invalid?)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita