Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Provide style file for babel support for Brazilian
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:39:13 -0300

Hi Arash,

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 at 15:09, Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

If that's the case, I do have a couple of further general comments.

The first is: wouldn't then a review in the same lines, and for the
same reason, be granted to the old `textcomp.el' macros (which now
live in `latex.el')?  (And I admit I had rather these in mind when I
insisted, since the babel macros for Portuguese are not that
important, as we had observed previously).

I've hopefully fixed this issue with f65722e660. I've have touched some styles and adjusted them as well. Can you please update your local repo
and give it a try?

(I haven't seen the commit there, I suppose you haven't done it yet,
but when you have the chance, please do recall of `portuguese.el'
too).

Done.

I took a look at the commit and did give it a try at the relevant macros (sampling...). And I also tested interaction with `TeX-insert-braces-alist'. I'm not acquainted with most of the packages whose style files changed, but they seem to do as instructed. For `textcomp', `brazilian.el', and `portuguese.el' this is also true, and I concur with the changes for their macros. (I'd personally have preferred the `nil' value for them, but I understand the decision to have this behavior controllable from `TeX-insert-braces-alist'. The important thing is that they got some braces, and that they have.) All in all, it looks good to me.

I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to report back before the release, but I checked this as soon as I could. I do have some (other) things which the release triggered, but they belong in other threads, it's time I stop abusing of this one.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Gustavo.