Re: beamer.el update candidate

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: beamer.el update candidate
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 18:48:44 +0900

Hi Uwe, thanks for your feedback.

> So far here is the thing I would like to ask for an enhancement

> When I run C-c C-e frame

> I have an  overlay option and a general option. However, tabulator does
> not offer any possibility. I, at least for lecture notes, use quite a
> bit [allowframebreaks] which I wouldn't in a talk since it leads to a
> bit ugly distribution of the content of the slides.

> Could that feature be added easily.

Right, it still lacks all completion feature except class options when
inserting \documentclass[...]{beamer}.

Actually, beamer class has a lot of options different for each
command/environment, which I don't think realistic to implement all. But
I'll see what I can do for options for frame environment.

> Another observation.

> When I decide not to have a overlay I am *not* offered an option,
> (such as allowframebreaks) that is more of an disadvantage than my
> first observation

That is outcome of the option `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' having
its default value, I think. Please try to customize it to
`show-all-optional-args'. (That has a side effect that all C-c C-m calls
ask all optional arguments every time. That is, in one C-c C-m call, you
cannot skip subsequent option queries after you provided empty answer
for an option query.)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine