Re: beamer.el update candidate

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: beamer.el update candidate
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 13:22:54 +0100

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

>> When I decide not to have a overlay I am *not* offered an option,
>> (such as allowframebreaks) that is more of an disadvantage than my
>> first observation
>
> That is outcome of the option `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' having
> its default value, I think. Please try to customize it to
> `show-all-optional-args'. (That has a side effect that all C-c C-m calls
> ask all optional arguments every time. That is, in one C-c C-m call, you
> cannot skip subsequent option queries after you provided empty answer
> for an option query.)

Does it make sense to use same trick here what booktabs.el does, i.e.,
using an (ignore) between the 2 optional arguments[1]?  If we agree on
doing this exception for "overlay arguments" and "optional key=val
arguments" we could introduce a `TeX-arg-ignore' or something like that
in (la)tex.el.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style/booktabs.el#n54