Re: Annotating completion of labels

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Annotating completion of labels
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 22:28:54 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Ok I understand, but I see two problems
>
>     1. There are no context lines as in the reftex selection buffer

The context lines are attached to label in the right; and they are
snipped to 30 chars.  So compare this which is in RefTeX Select buffer:

PNG image

with the in-buffer version:

PNG image

>     2. If you have a lot of labels, it seems to me that at some points
>        you are not going to see or select them easily? I currently
>        writing up a manuscript what has about 100 labels I am not sure
>        how your implementation would be capable of dealing with it. But
>        maybe I am still misunderstanding about it.

Yes, in-buffer completion has limitations.  But for the good news, both
approaches are available in parallel, you can always choose which one
you want to use.

Best, Arash