Re: how to add a new pdf viewer?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: how to add a new pdf viewer?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 16:19:39 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Good point.

> A quick search suggests that one runs snaps using something like "snap
> run <package-name>.<executable-name>".  And for services, there seem to
> be "snap start/stop <service-name>" commands...

Hm, I am not sure I understand. Snap installed the evince binaries as

/snap/bin/evince

So running

 snap run evince.evince

From the command line gives the same effect and messages as
running directly

/snap/bin/evince.
/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
Gtk-Message: 17:14:45.021: Not loading module "atk-bridge": The functionality
is provided by GTK natively. Please try to not load it.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.avail/53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf", line
10: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as
expected

As for the service
sudo snap start /snap/evince/current/usr/libexec/evinced
[sudo] password for oub:
error: snap "/snap/evince/current/usr/libexec/evinced" not found

And

 sudo snap evinced

error: snap "evinced" not found

I try to search a bit more. Thanks for the suggestions

> glib != glibc

Yeah a typo sorry.

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.