Re: Fwd: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.0

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Fwd: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.0
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 19:21:47 +0900

Hi Juergen,

> This is just to notify you that an upgrade from v13.3.0 to 14.0.0 on a
> self-built GNU Emacs 29.2 on macOS Ventura has failed. Emacs froze with
> 100% CPU usage. v14.0.0 was downloaded from ELPA, but something hung in
> the installation process. I'm afraid have no idea what went wrong, so I
> downgraded to the latest available backup v13.2 which and copied it to
> my current .emacs.d directory. It seems to work fine again. If there is
> something I can do to help you debugging would you please let me know.
> I'm back tonight.

I succeeded in fresh installation of ELPA AUCTeX 14.0.0 with emacs 29.2
on windows 11.  I suggest to do the following:
1. Start a fresh emacs session with -Q option.
2. Before doing anything else, update ELPA AUCTeX and quit that emacs
   session.
3. Start a new emacs session and try opening your favorite (La)TeX
   document.

If this procedure doesn't work, delete the current ELPA AUCTeX and try
the above 1.-3. again.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita