Re: can compile and install but not user latest master: now auctex behav

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: can compile and install but not user latest master: now auctex behaves strangly
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 08:49:11 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Uwe,
>> Ok I mananged to get rid of all old auctex installations, then I deleted my
>> installed auctex version, checked out master,
>> compiled and installed (I know this is not necessary but I like it this way)

>> So I open a LaTeX file, everything seems alright, like fontifying etc. But
>> when I run C-c C-C only

>> 8 possible completions:
>> Clean        Clean All       Other   Print
>> Queue        Spell   View

>> Is offered but not the usual commands like LaTeX etc.

> [...]

>> Any ideas what's up?

> Did you restart your emacs session after you install the new version? If
> you did, we need more detail to work on this issue.

Yes, I always do, I described my steps as

    - I pulled (commit ba27accea2f9 is then actual)

    - I run make clean

    - I run make

    - before running make install, I deleted my old installation which
      is according to configuration in:
~/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-git

    - I run make install

    - I restart emacs and open a LaTeX file

Right now I am running commit d7f1d2815986

Which is fine.

So it must be your merge

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.