Re: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] Auctex version 14.0.4
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:15:52 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> I've just looked.  It uses a NEWS file but I could also specify an entry
> :news "CHANGES" so that our CHANGES file is shown there.

Thanks.  I briefly had a look at other ELPA packages and it seems there
is a variety of options: ASCII files, markdown, org files.  So we could
install a new file CHANGES.org and use that.

We (or rather I) also need to find out how to post the updates to
Savannah News; this feature is currently disabled[1].

> But I'm not sure if that's generated on ELPA...

Who can we ask, Stefan M., as always?

> BTW, I've had some conversation with Stefan Monnier.  It seems like most
> of not all issues that required us to maintain a separate ELPA branch
> with files committed that are generated on the master branch are
> resolved.  So maybe (with some slight changes) we can soon start making
> ELPA releases from master.

That would be good thing, I guess.

> My plan is to bring that up on auctex-devel once 14.0.x has somewhat
> stabilized.

I don't have the impression that we're still in the situation we had as
we introduced 14.0.  I think the couple of users we have updated their
installations, and the last issue with the :local tag is also fixed, so
I think we're on track again.  Maybe we can start the discussion above
and see what we have to do.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=auctex