Re: [AUCTeX] How can I preview the info file

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How can I preview the info file
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 21:01:02 +0200

* Li Daobing (2005-05-06) writes:

>   Before I install auctex, I can edit texinfo file and preview generated
> info file from menu, but after I install auctex, how can I preview the
> info file?

Do you mean the menu entry "Texinfo --> Makeinfo buffer"?  Something
like this is not implemented in AUCTeX.  The Texinfo mode in AUCTeX is
rather basic at the moment.  We will have to think of a scheme for
dealing with the viewers for Texinfo and its various output formats.

If you want to use the default Texinfo mode instead of the one
provided by AUCTeX you could add

(eval-after-load "tex-site"
  (autoload 'texinfo-mode "texinfo" nil t))

to your init file (untested).  But be aware that the way to activate
and deactivate AUCTeX modes will change with the next release.