[AUCTeX] Re: Package doesn't recognize my Fink teTeX installation

From: Chad Groft
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Package doesn't recognize my Fink teTeX installation
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 23:31:36 -0700

On 9 May 2005, at 7:06 AM, Christian Schlauer wrote:

The general problem is that Fink installs its packages into a
separate directory /sw/bin, which is not included in the usual
$PATH.  Fink's setup includes creating a file called ".profile" in
my home directory which adds /sw/bin (among others) to $PATH when I
work in Terminal.  Emacs, though, doesn't look at this file at all,
and thus doesn't normally see the outside utilities.

<snip>

<snip>
The `Technical Q&A QA1255'
at <URL:http://developer.apple.com> describes how to set environment
variables for applications that are started from the finder: these
environment variables are set in the file ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist,
which follows a special syntax described in `Technical Q&A Q1067'.
Note that you have to log off and on again for the changes to take
effect.

This has solved my problem.  Everything works perfectly now.  Thank you!

--
Chad Groft        address@hidden