[AUCTeX] Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Release schedule.

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Release schedule.
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:04:53 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-13) writes:

> At the moment I am not talking about optimal solutions.  At the moment
> it is completely impossible to guess from our web presence:
>
> a) can I use my operating system?
> b) what will I need to download from here?
> c) what will I need to download from other sites?
> d) will my version of Emacs support this?
> e) if I have not already chosen an Emacs or are not particularly fixed
>    on one, what would the recommendations be?
>
> All of this is, if present at all, scattered about the manuals, mostly
> that of preview-latex, and some other files.
>
> But people need to know this before they start downloading things and
> thinking about "maybe I should try this out".

Okay, I quickly threw something together at
<URL:http://www.iwi.uni-sb.de/angeli/misc/auctex/web/download.html>.
This will have to be streamlined in order to present the information
you mentioned above in a more structured way.  But what you can see on
the page should already give an impression of where it is heading.

We could also add a section about Mac OS.  But for me it is a bit
difficult to gather the needed information about Emacsen (there are
currently a lot of flavors floating around), TeX systems (gwTeX?),
viewers (TeXniscope?), and similar.  Input on that is appreciated.

> Not exactly new.  The day we have an AUCTeX release without specific
> XEmacs problems is probably one to mark up in the calendar.

11.55 is doing a pretty good job in this respect.