[AUCTeX] preview-latex to preview MetaPost?

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: [AUCTeX] preview-latex to preview MetaPost?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:58:43 +0200

Hi,

together with AUCTeX snapshots I've been playing around with
preview-latex for a while. I enjoy very much the functionality to
preview the environment around point. This is very helpful during the
development of e.g. PSTricks graphics.

For me, this poses the question whether preview-latex is intended to
become a previewer also for MetaPost files? The preamble to create a
PostScript file with one figure per page could be taken from the .mp
file. If there's no latex preamble in the .mp, a minimal latex document
would do. And the preview package wasn't needed at all.

To my impression wide parts of such a process are already implemented in
the present preview-latex version. So could it be that preview-latex
also acts as a previewer for MetaPost beginfig-endfig environments in
the (near) future? Would be great.

BTW: I think you are close to the next release and you have only little
feedback from Windows users. Well, all I can say is that everything
works fine. No obvious problems and installation runs like anything (I
run a precompiled CVS Emacs for Win32, MSYS and recent AUCTeX
nightlies).

--
Uwe