Re: [AUCTeX] Actions in multifile documents.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Actions in multifile documents.
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:02:43 +0200

Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:

> is it -- or will it be -- possible to perform a certain set of
> actions for all files of a multifile document?  For instance, I
> would like to find all occurrences of a string in my document.  I
> know that package `edit-utils' supports searching in many buffers in
> its buffer and window management section. Thus to use that facility,
> I would have to open all files belonging to a document (which yields
> another possible application of doing things for all files in a
> multifile document).

reftex-search-document is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
`reftex-global'.
[Arg list not available until function definition is loaded.]

Regexp search through all files of the current TeX document.

> Another feature I would like to see, is to have a function that lets
> one directly jump to the file referred to by an `\include' macro
> after having placed the cursor into the macro's argument.  So far, I
> am not aware that any of these features are part of the multifile
> handling in AUCTeX.

ffap is an alias for `find-file-at-point' in `ffap.el'.
(ffap &optional FILENAME)

Find FILENAME, guessing a default from text around point.
If `ffap-url-regexp' is not nil, the FILENAME may also be an URL.
With a prefix, this command behaves exactly like `ffap-file-finder'.
If `ffap-require-prefix' is set, the prefix meaning is reversed.
See also the variables `ffap-dired-wildcards', `ffap-newfile-prompt',
and the functions `ffap-file-at-point' and `ffap-url-at-point'.

See <ftp://ftp.mathcs.emory.edu/pub/mic/emacs/> for latest version.

[back]