Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX Folding: Feature Request

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX Folding: Feature Request
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:34:33 +0200

Joachim Schlosser <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf Angeli schrieb:
>> [no font locking in tex-fold.el]
>> That means if lowering or raising should be done, it has to be done by
>> font-latex.  I won't implement something like this in tex-fold.el.
>
> I see. This would mean kind of a hook to be implemented in
> font-latex.el for usage from tex-fold.el.
> At least I can now be sure that I did not overlook an already existant
> feature. Don't bother about this now, I'll give it a try just for fun
> and interest and see whether I can offer some clean solution.
>
> BTW: I switched from XEmacs to GNU Emacs a few weeks ago. The
> difference is a lot more obvious than I thought before.

Well, it's like switching partners.  You can pretty much rely on all
the body parts being at similar locations.  But that's not really all
of the story.

Or like switching to alto in the Bach Christmas oratory when you know
the tenor part by heart already.

Anyway, it also makes quite a difference what versions one uses
nowadays.  I am afraid that the CVS "version" of Emacs currently is
more fun pretty much across all platforms when compared to regular
Emacs 21.4, though on X11 the differences might not be as drastic.