[AUCTeX] Re: Waiting for moderator approval... since Friday.

From: Franz Haeuslschmid
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Waiting for moderator approval... since Friday.
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:11:34 +0200

Ralf Angeli writes:

> * Franz Haeuslschmid (2005-06-21) writes:
>
>>   * Create a multi-file TeX document with the included file
>>     residing in a different directory.  For example:
> [...]
>>   * Start a vanilla'd XEmacs.  I had to additionally activate
>>     ispell on my system by evaluating
> [...]
>>   * Now open _both_ files and visit `master.tex' _or_
>>     `servant.tex'.
>>
>>   * Try to check the spelling of the document:
>>
>>       `M-x TeX-ispell-document RET'
>>
>>   * The outcome is that in both cases, the currently open buffer
>>     is checked.  It even ignores files included from the same
>>     directory as the master.
>
> I'm almost afraid to say this, but this is working fine here with
> Emacs or XEmacs and a freshly checked out AUCTeX.

OK, made again some experiments.  With the files and settings of
the original message, I found out that now, evaluating `M-x
TeX-ispell-document RET' in the buffer of `servant.tex' does,
what it should do.  However, in the buffer of `master.tex', only
the spelling of the currently open buffer is checked.

I have found another odd thing: take again the scenario of the
original post, open both files, perform some changes in the
buffer and try to save the document by calling `C-c C-d'.

The info doc for multifile documents makes me think, that
`TeX-save-document' will only work with `TeX-auto-save' set to
non-nil. Iterating again after having evaluated

  (setq TeX-auto-save t)
  (setq TeX-parse-self t)
  (setq-default TeX-master nil)

generated the same effect.