Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold-mode and preview-LATeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold-mode and preview-LATeX
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:59:47 +0200

* Rainer Thiel (2005-06-29) writes:

> At 21:32 29.06.2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>Looks okay, except that `preview-mode-setup' is missing.  How do you
>>load preview-latex in your init file?
>
> I have:
>
>        (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
>        (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
>        (require 'tex-mik)
>
> in my .emacs.el.

Looks alright.

> Yes, there's an error message in that case, though I don't understand much
> of it:
>
> ----
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable >)
>    (TeX-fold-mode > 1)
>    (lambda nil (TeX-fold-mode > 1))()

Somewhere in your init file you call (TeX-fold-mode > 1) while it
should be (TeX-fold-mode 1).

It's probably a good idea to use `add-hook' instead of customizing
`LaTeX-mode-hook' as David suggested.  I just tried to customize it
and all the customizations where overwritten by preview-latex's
addition to the hook.  Dunno why.

For activating `TeX-fold-mode' you'd insert

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda ()
                             (TeX-fold-mode 1)))

into your init file.  You can add your other stuff for the hook to
this `lambda' function or define your own named function and add this
to the hook.