Re: [AUCTeX] minibuffer message after C-c C-c

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minibuffer message after C-c C-c
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:21:03 +0200

* Sebastian Luque (2005-07-01) writes:

> The system is working ok, but I noticed that when I do C-c C-c after
> editing a source file, the message that usually appears:
>
> Type `C-c C-l' to display results of compilation.
>
> remains in the minibuffer indefinitely, whereas this only happened when
> there was some error before changing the system.

Do you get a backtrace if you do a LaTeX run and type `M-x
toggle-debug-on-error RET' before starting it?  (See also the answer
to the question "Why doesn't AUCTeX signal when processing a document
is done?" in the FAQ section of the manual.)

Are there any suspicious (error) messages in the output buffer
(accessible with `C-c C-l') or the *Messages* buffer?

Are you able to observe the problem if you start Emacs with `emacs -q
-no-site-file', type `M-: (require 'tex-site) RET', open a LaTeX file,
and compile it?