[AUCTeX] Option for using dvipdfm?

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: [AUCTeX] Option for using dvipdfm?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:19:09 +0000 (UTC)

hi,
Am I missing something, or is pdf(la)tex the only option for creating pdf output
(from inside AucTeX)? Thinking that it is, and wanting to be able to invoke
dvipdfm, I made some small changes that worked for me, so I thought I'd suggest
the following:

1. 'TeX-PDF-mode', instead of just being allowed 'nil' and 't' values, should be
allowed values like 'pdftex', 'dvipdfm' (or your favorite pdf driver).

2. If the value above is 'pdftex', then the C-c C-c should invoke pdf(la)tex (as
it does now when pdf mode is on) but when the value is 'dvipdfm', C-c C-c should
invoke (la)tex to produce dvi output. But in that case the "File" command,
instead of running dvips, should run dvipdfm.

Let me know if this makes sense (or if the option's already there in AucTeX.)
Thanks,

Rajneesh.