Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:18:03 +0100

* Christoph Bier (2005-11-12) writes:

> Ok, thanks for your reply! Results are attached.
>
> Function Name                                                Call Count
> Elapsed Time  Average Time
> ===========================================================  ==========
> ============  ============
> font-lock-fontify-region                                     520
> 69.550186999  0.1337503596
> font-lock-default-fontify-region                             520
> 69.54054      0.1337318076
> font-lock-fontify-keywords-region                            520
> 64.052395999  0.1231776846
> font-latex-match-command-with-arguments                      80778
> 17.907670000  0.0002216899

Hm, I was hoping to see a font-latex function which is closer to the
elapsed time of the font-lock function.  But this looks like the
font-latex matching functions just add up to the elapsed time of the
font-lock function.  The problem could be that the same region is
fontified over and over again.  Does it help to disable
`font-latex-do-multi-line'?