Re: [AUCTeX] how to access functionality in beamer.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] how to access functionality in beamer.el
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:21:42 +0100

* Rajarshi Guha (2006-02-23) writes:

> One thing that I cannot seem to work out is the use of the functionality
> in beamer.el
>
> For example I have a file that starts with
>
> \documentclass{beamer}
>
> Thus I would expect that the beamer style is recognized. The problem is,
> what are the key sequences to get functionality such as
>
> \begin{columns}
> \end{columns}
>
> etc?

C-c C-e columns RET

Completion with <TAB>.

> I would have thought that in a beamer file, doing C-c C-e would provide
> me with the option of inserting a 'block' or 'columns' environment, but
> these options do not show up with the above command.

What did you type for getting completions?

> I added (setq debug-on-error t) in my ~/.emacs, but no debug buffer
> appeared, so I assume that there is no error in my startup. Also, in my
> ~/.emacs I have:
>
> (setq TeX-auto-save t)
> (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> (setq-default TeX-master nil)
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/emacs/misc")

Can you confirm that these values are actually set?  For example by
showing us the output of `M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET'.

> I'm running AucTeX 11.82 (installed on a system-wide basis), Emacs
> 21.4.1 on Fedora Core 4
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated

Opening a file with the contents

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

in a fresh Emacs session I see something like

Applying style hooks...
Applying style hooks... done

in the *Messages* buffer.  Do you see something similar?  The
important line is the one where beamer.elc is loaded.