Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:23:40 +0100

nusret <address@hidden> writes:

> I have the same configuration, except I installed in a
> directory with no spaces in path (not that it's
> necessary, I did it as a caution). Downloaded the
> precompiled version and unzipped. There was a problem
> with postscript: it assumes 'gs' is your executable,

Ralf?  This surprises me somewhat.

> but it's 'gsview32c.exe'. I customized it within
> Xemacs. I also added my ghostscript path to the PATH
> environment variable and everything worked fine Also
> note that preview is not automatic (at least I don't
> yet know how to automate it: but that's normal, I
> didn't read the manual :-)). But you can manually
> invoke it.

It is a purely manual thing as it needs to run LaTeX, and it is up to
the user to decide whether she considers her document fit for
running.  The only occasion where you don't need to run it in order to
get images is when you are using the "desktop" package, and some
buffer had images already generated when you last exited Emacs.