[AUCTeX] Re: PDFeTeX-mode oder LaTeX-mode

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: PDFeTeX-mode oder LaTeX-mode
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:35:58 +0200

On Wed, May 17 2006, Pierre Courtieu wrote:

> You can set the TeX-global-PDF-mode variable to t in your init file:
>
> (setq TeX-global-PDF-mode t)

I think this part isn't correct.  `TeX-global-PDF-mode' is a command,
not a variable.  It should be:

  (setq-default TeX-PDF-mode t)
or
  M-x customize-variable RET TeX-PDF-mode RET

Shouldn't we document these (also setting it in the local variables
section) in the manual?

Okay, we already mention customize:

,----[ (info "(auctex)Commands") ]
|  -- Command: TeX-PDF-mode
|      (`C-c C-t C-p') This command toggles the PDF mode of AUCTeX, a
|      buffer-local minor mode.  You can customize `TeX-PDF-mode' to give
|      it a different default.  The default is used when AUCTeX does not
|      have additional clue about what a document might want.  This
|      option usually results in calling either PDFTeX or ordinary TeX.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,