Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:43:59 +0200

Alan Ristow <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll experiment more with XEmacs once I
> get everything working properly in Emacs, as I'd prefer to use
> XEmacs in the long run. For now, I'll just forget about it.

The TeX-doc stuff apparently works only with CVS Emacs in 11.83
(probably reason to release something new soon).  Generally, new
features get most testing with that platform.  Emacs 21.4 is next
likely to work reasonable, XEmacs least.  The case where something is
completely borked (for which I would not assign blame always to XEmacs
itself: it is partly just that most of AUCTeX developers are
Emacs-centric) certainly tends to happen a lot more with XEmacs.  It
already helps deinstalling any AUCTeX from the Sumo tarball and
installing the XEmacs package we provide for download on the download
area of AUCTeX.

But if AUCTeX is your main application, it could really be a good idea
to switch to CVS Emacs.