[AUCTeX] Runing Latex under MS Windows

From: Jielei Fan
Subject: [AUCTeX] Runing Latex under MS Windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:49:49 +0200

Hello!
Now I use auctex+emacs in MS Windows to write my mathematical thesis, this editor and integrated environment is excellent.
But, I am very curious that:
First, I have installed "localtexmf" and "texmf" system in C:\program files\ctex, and then I download "emacs+auctex- w32-2006-06-24.zip" and unzip it, and then run "runemacs".

What happen is that, I can run "C-c,C-c" in tex-mode to compile my texfile.

How could auctex+emacs find the external command "latex" in c:\program files\ctex\texmf\miktex\bin" ???

Yours, Sincerely

Jielei