Re: [AUCTeX] word-search-* and re-search-* does not work with folding

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] word-search-* and re-search-* does not work with folding
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:39:05 +0200

Martin Rud Ehmsen <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> The same happens with preview-latex.  It would be my guess that
>> post-command-hook is not being run.
>
> How do I figure out if that is the case?
>
>> That would be considered a bug in Emacs.
>
> Where do I report it then? (At address@hidden ?)

Well, I changed my mind.  It is standard behavior of preview-latex not
to open previews when a command moves into them.  The only exception
are [left] and [right] keys.  Interactive searches have their own way
of opening previews.  You can try customizing
M-x customize-variable RET preview-auto-reveal RET
in order to add non-interactive search commands.

This might be a useful change for preview-latex in general, but one
would probably need to invest some amount of care in order to compile
a reasonably complete list of all non-interactive search commands, and
possible also all non-interactive replace commands.