[AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:03:08 +0200

* Shanks N. (2006-09-28) writes:

> $ export TEXINPUTS=.:/usr/local/share/texmf//:${TEXINPUTS}
[...]
> $ kpsewhich  --expand-braces \$TEXMFLOCAL
> /usr/local/share/texmf
>
> So it seems to work by setting the TEXINPUTS.  Where in the texmf.cnf &
> what do I have to change to make the local tree transparently available?

The default in the texmf.cnd of my teTeX system provided by Debian is
TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//
I haven't had to change anything for files in the local try to be
found.

> I also upgraded to 11.83 and found that also didn't make a difference.

Of course it doesn't, because the problem is a misconfiguration of
your TeX system.  That's nothing AUCTeX would be able to remedy.