Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Problem with getting preview-latex to work

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Problem with getting preview-latex to work
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:52:10 +0200

Ion Mihai <address@hidden> writes:

> I did a quick google for 'Windows API error 123' and found that
> somebody on this list had this problem a couple of weeks a go... So
> following the discussion there I installed
> auctex-20061016-a-pkg.tar.gz (changed the gs-command to gsview32c
> and checked that the binaries are in the path...) The Windows API
> errors are now gone

Weird.  I don't see what they would have to do with recent changes.

> but there is now a strange error from latex. This is the output I
> get with preview-document on circ.tex:

[...]

> Preview-LaTeX exited as expected with code 1 at Wed Oct 18 15:31:30
> LaTeX: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched ) or \\)"
>

> So as you can see the output is 103 pages (!!)

Correct.  See the FAQ.

> and of course I don't get any preview in xemacs..... If I try only
> latex, everything works fine.

Sorry, I had checked in a faulty version a few days ago and, after
fixing the problem in my private copy, forgot to check the fix in.  I
did it just now.

The change should likely appear within the day in Reiner's snapshots.