[AUCTeX] inputenc and coding system

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: [AUCTeX] inputenc and coding system
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:40:25 +0200

Hello,

Once in a while I bump into the following problem: I copy some text from
another application that contains non-ASCII characters but I forget to
insert a proper \usepackage{inputenc} command.

Now I want to have an automatic check before the buffer is saved: if the
buffer contains non-ASCII characters and there is no \usepackage{inputenc}
or one with a wrong encoding then I would like to have a warning (or an
offer to insert the proper command.

The inverse is already there: if you insert a \usepackage[...]{inputenc} it
offers to change the buffer coding. But does anybody have some code to do
it in the other direction?

Regards,
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>