[AUCTeX] Re: Minor ConTeXt questions

From: Philipp Reichmuth
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Minor ConTeXt questions
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:01:49 +0100

Hi,

I wonder what happened to this mail.

Philipp Reichmuth schrieb:
- Running texexec with '--passon="-interaction=nonstopmode"' apparently doesn't work at least with recent ConTeXt; if ConTeXt hits an error, the process hangs at TeX's ? prompt. Instead, texexec has a --batchmode parameter that does the job; changing the values

... in ConTeXt-expand-options is straightforward.

- When running texexec with C-c C-C ConTeXt RET, the output isn't parsed correctly at present; you always. The regexp in context.el ('^ TeX\\(Exec\\|Util\\)' doesn't match anything because of the initial space. For me, using 'tuo file saved\nTeXExec | runtime:' instead does the job, but in a hackish sort of way, because unfortunately CoNTeXt currently doesn't produce much meaningful output in --batchmode (besides the return code). If it hits any errors, this way you only get the information that something is wrong; if you want to know what exactly it is, you have to run it in interactive mode. I guess one should

... ask the ConTeXt folks if texexec can be made to be more verbose in its --batchmode output.

Philipp