Re: [AUCTeX] cursor jumping in auctex

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] cursor jumping in auctex
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:32:55 +0200

Vladimir  <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am an emacs newbie and I am learning it just because of
> AUCTEX/preview-latex.
> For some reason auctex does not respect my emacs settings -- I put
>
> (setq blink-matching-paren nil)
> (show-paren-mode 0)
>
> in my ~/.emacs because I hate to see the cursor jumping. Nonetheless
> in auctex mode it still jumps on dollar signs. How can I fix that ?
> Also, I do not want $$ to be inserted automatically, is it possible
> to turn this off ?

M-x customize-variable RET TeX-math-close-double-dollar RET
(don't forget saving for future sessions).  Actually, the value nil is
the _default_ for AUCTeX 11.84, so you may want to upgrade.

With regard to the matching: uhm.  Not easy to turn that off.  Perhaps
something like resetting the keybinding of $ to self-insert-command or
so.

Ralf, any better idea?