Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error (2)

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] debugging of multifile documents with TeX-next-error (2)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:58:27 +0200

Dear Ralf,

This touches the last question of my previous posting: so
(experienced?) users of AUCTeX simply have other (better?) ways of
debugging their TeX code than using TeX-next-error?

Or they do not read the documentation and are not aware of the feature.

OK. So what do people do who have read the documentation and for whom TeX-next-error does not work with their multifile documents? Go through the log manually and try to find the offending passages by guessing the context (are the line numbers useful for included source files?), switching between log, preview and source files?

I am still being serious about getting better with TeX and Emacs.
Many thanks in advance,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung