[AUCTeX] Problems when viewing pdf files

From: Carlos González-Aguado
Subject: [AUCTeX] Problems when viewing pdf files
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 17:05:14 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm using AucTeX / Emacs in Windows. I'm having some problems with previewing my compiled pdf files.

In the View command where you have to put the path of the viewer, there is a subtle difference between these two orders:
1 - "C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\acrord32.exe" "filename.pdf"
2 - "C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\acrord32.exe" filename.pdf

The only difference are the quotes ("). But the second order works, while the first one don't work!!!

The problem with this is that in the TeX-Output-View-Style, where you are supposed to include the pdf viewer for pdf files, i do not know how to eliminate the quotes. What i've seen in the web is this:
"C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\acrord32.exe"  %o
but %o (the pdf file) does include the quotes!!

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos González-Aguado

PD: the same happens with other viewers like, for example, SumatraPDF